Monday, September 7, 2009

What the HELL??

What a GREAT day I had.
I went for swimming in one of the private club house. The guard stop me from entering the men's changing room.
His reason was: ''Lu tak cukup umur.'' (Meaning I'm not old enough to enter the changing room)
Then he pointed at the sign which reads 18 AND ABOVE.
Me: I'm 20 years old bro. 
Guard: You? 20? Give me your identity card. 
So I handed him my IC, and he was shock.
Guard: Sorry boss, sorry boss, you look like a Form 4 guy to me, so sorry....
Me: It's ok.
(Deep down in my heart: wth? I look like a 16 yr old guy....shit!)

After swimming for almost 2 hours, I was extremely tired and and went to a food court near my house for my late lunch. There, my misery of the day continues....

I sat down there but no one serves me. What's wrong with all these people? Am I made of glass or something? But since I don't like to cause a scene, and I'm extremely hungry, I went to order my favorite food--Char siu rice.
At the stall
Me: Uncle, one plate of char siu rice, table 13. Thank you.
Uncle: Boy this is pork. You cannot take this.
Me: Yeah i know it is pork. 
Uncle: But you are a Malay...
Me: Aiyo uncle, I'm a chinese(Talking in cantonese).
Uncle: Aiya. so sorry ah boy, you look like a Malay to me....you are dark.
( Moral of the story: I look like a Malay! what the??)

The story doesn't ends here.

After ordering my meal, I sat down and waived my hand to order my drinks.
Waiter:Yes boss? 
Me: Give me one Ice-kacang please.
Waiter: Take away boss?
Me: Having here.
Waiter: Take away?
Me: I'm HAVING HERE.
Waiter: But you are FASTING....can I have a look at your IC?
Me: ..............(showed him my IC)
Waiter: Sorry boss, I don't know you are a chinese. I thought you are Malay. You look so dark. You know it is Ramadan period now. (Ramadan is the name of the one-month fasting period when Muslims fast for a period of almost 12 hours. They fast from dawn till sunset to remind all Muslims of self-control and submitting to their holy one.) 
 Me: nevermind...(that explains why I was leave alone just now).

When I reached home, my parents had a good laugh with my hairstyle. They say I looked like a small kid.

*Sighhh*
Do I looked that Malay?????? I'm a FREAKING CHINESE for God sake!
What's worst, I looked like a 16 years old Malay boy...T_T

Someone please save me. I want to be FAIR.

11 comments:

  1. OMG are people allowed to control what you eat even if they think you're Malay!? what's with that...sigh, their pestering would annoy me too. But I would be happy if somebody called me 16...I don't wish for my appearances to grow old, just my brain xP. I'm pretty dark too Steve! My sister is 3x paler than me so it looks like yin and yang when we stand next to each other! We could use whitening cream, but I don't want the side effects of ending up like some pasty glue monster!
    Oh yeah I was born in Taiwan, but I still want to go back as much as possible, and I think I've been to the national park you're talking about! There's a lot of parks, but I like Taiwan's hot springs the best!!! Just thinking about it makes me daydream about relaxing there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA funny!
    But whitening products are not good for your skin because they usually stop melanin productions, which is bad cause melanin protects you from the sunlight and prevents skin cancer.. I think.. LOL
    But you can always try it though =)
    I don't have to be dark to be called a Malay cause my name already sounds like one xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, honestly I really regret liking swimming. I used to be so fair, but I swim until my skin is so dark and is irreversible.. I don't think you have an idea how dark am I, perhaps should post a recent picture and you shall see...haha.
    I wanted m skin to be fair naturally, but I've waited for YEARS....T_T

    I just went to a hot spring near my hometown.I do agree with you. It was super relaxing. ahh...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LM,
    I think my body over produce melanin already... haha. I can still get darker but can never get fairer. Sigh...

    I wonder how your name could sounds like an Malay...LM seems very chinese to me! L might be Lee, Lim , Lau etc, M could be Ming, Meng, Min, etc...I can't figure anything Malay!XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw really Steve?? I thought naturally white people could always go back because it was their natural skin color in the first place...I guess that explains why I didn't get fairer after years of waiting too, only darker after two days at the beach >:[...but I would choose to have a healthy body from swimming than pale skin I guess, I really wish I liked exercise and sports =(
    OH LM's name is...can I say it LM? hahahaha I really wanna! since it took my awhile to find out too~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, then give skin whitening products a shot!
    Haha try asking your Malay friends what are the names that can be spelled using LM.. I guess there will only be the one, and you will know my name xD
    Don't Kris! Let him guess for awhile =DDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Kris, sad case for me. The only time I was as fair as I used to be was during last year's school play where I played the role of a ghost who protect my girlfriend. I look so fair because of the make up. I remember the loads of compliments i got that night man...*sigh*
    Nowadays,I look sporty and outgoing to some...
    but at the same time,I look malay to some...haiz...My market gone T_T...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LM!
    Let me take a wild guess....
    LM = Leh Man??
    That sounds very malay to me!^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA
    Sounds like my name but need to put more effort ;)
    Or you can ask Kris xD
    Very paiseh if i say out my name

    ReplyDelete
  10. LM, Is it Lai Man then???
    I cant think of something more lar..very malay dy lor..

    There's nothing paiseh la...haha...do you know that my full name consist LM too?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. woh really? What a coincidence then xD
    You may ask Kris =)

    ReplyDelete