A fuse
Today, my friend commented that I have a short emotional-fuse in me with an extremely small breaking capacity (A breaking capacity is the maximum current that can safely be interrupted by the fuse.)
He was indicating that I am hot-tempered.
I do agree with that.
Some examples of my temper:
Situation 1( Two years when I was a librarian, obviously carrying out my duty in the library)
User A: Wah, yesterday's football match was so exciting...bla bla bla...
User B: Yes yes yes....did you notice that fellow dived..bla la bla...
Me: Please be quite. Other users are studying ( in a very friendly manner. Fuse is working well)
User A: Ya ya, I noticed. He is such a useless fellow. (I was ignored)
User B: But then the opposition also played ...bla bla bla...(I was ignored by him too)
Me: Shh...(politely)
User A: Don't need to bother him (in cantonese, thinking I was a non-chinese not knowing what he says)
He made a BIG BIG mistake. I'm a freaking CHINESE. I don't look like one because i was tanned going swimming every day.
Anyway, suddenly out of nowhere.....
Me: CAN'T YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP? I DID ASKED YOU TO KEEP QUIET RIGHT? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. (I was actually shouting in the library)
The next thing I did, before they responded. I stormed to the disciplinary room, fetch the discipline teacher up to the library and get him cane that two bastard on the spot. I gave them an EVILsmile after that.
The whole event lasted for about a minute. Little do they know that when they messed with the short tempered deputy head librarian @ me, they are doomed.
Situation 2 (Recently,in the university administration office):
Me: Hey Y, do you notice that in the form that credit card is not acceptable here? ( in a very nice and friendly mode)
Y: No, it was not in the form.
Me: Yes, it was. (Still in friendly mode. Fuse is working well.)
Y: No it isn't.
(The yes and no part repeated for a few times)
Me: Yes, there is a statement like that. You check. ( Temperature raising up. But the fuse had it control.)
Y: No, there is nothing about that.
Me: But I read it last night, it was there. ( Temperature goes up and up. Almost reaching maximum capacity)
Y: Okay okay okay, fine. You are right (without checking the form). Happy now? (with a sarcastic look)
Me: WHAT THE HELL? I JUST WANT TO BE SURE ONLY RIGHT? WHY THE HELL YOU SHOW ME THAT LOOK FOR? ( Temperature above the fuse's control and I SHOUTED in the office)
Y:.......
It seems long here but the whole conversation was less than 30 seconds. I lost my patience and got angry in less than 30 seconds.
Yup, that's me. I have a short emotional fuse. I'm short-tempered.
I shouted to most of my friends, especially close friends. But thank god they know although I shout, I don’t actually mean it. To them, I’m a fairly nice guy except for those moments when I lost my cool. Nothing is a better mirror than some old friends. Especially these are the friends that knew me for more than 10 years. I valued their advices, and I changed.
According to them, I’m much better than last time.
Well, at least there are some improvements.(I'm always upgrading my fuse)
Friends, when I shout, 90% of the time I don't mean it.
So please forgive me if I've shouted at you before...LOL



Steveee! after your second post and this one, i realized I better stay on your good side hehe, nah my temper can flare too, but once my fuse breaks it's like a volcano eruption...I guess you get that when that happens with my family huh? Anyways if you yell on my online I'll try not to take it personally heh~
ReplyDeleteOh! US became your #1 choice now haha! I wonder who persuaded you =P but I also want ot visit a lot of the same places, maybe replace China with Taiwan, but the rest I also have an great interest to go see. We also have sakura trees in Washington DC, but they cannot compare to those in Japan, so I'll def want to go there for one of their festivals. Paris I want to see too, but I heard they are unfriendly to any foreigners there, but I studied Frencf for 4 years in high school (I forgot 98% of it) but Paris's bakery and fashion is something I want to experience in person! Also I'm graduating in 2012!! You're a second year in undergrad right? If you move to US/Australia later perhaps fate will lead us to meet each other then, yay!!
Dear Kris, I really can't imagine a nice guy like you being the volcano...hehe/ Don't worry, I don't have the chance to yell at you online as I don't have your MSN...haha, if you want to be yell at, feel free to add me at my MSN...LOL
ReplyDeleteI thought you were a Taiwanese? Taiwan is on my list too. I read loads of books about Taiwan and I'm yearning to go there for quite some time. I love their food and culture. Yangmingshan National Park is a must go! The only reason that stop me from going is my mum keeping my passport~haha and yes, I'm a 2nd year undergrad like you too!Wow, you knew French! That was impressive. I planned to learn Japanese these summer holiday!
Well, with the same graduation time and the same destination we plan to go, it is highly possible that we'll meet somewhere, someday
and hoped that all are linked and intertwined with each other like the strings of fate.^_^